Milestone Legal, P.C. is a California professional law corporation owned and operated by Philip Milestone, an attorney licensed in California and New York. Milestone Legal serves business of all sorts, sizes and nationalities from formation to exit, and operationally in between as well as in civil disputes to assert, or defend, their rights.
As a virtual law firm, Milestone Legal leverages technology to save you the cost and expenses associated with traditional brick & mortar law firms.
Philip's professional experience includes:
- advising entrepreneurs from concept to exit;
- intellectual property counseling, protection, litigation and licensing;
- form, funding and and operating businesses;
- business transactions including asset and equity sales, conversions, mergers, acquisitions and the regulatory compliance entailed by business transactions;
- employment law compliance;
- franchise litigation and arbitration; and
- a lot of other things that walk in the proverbial door.
Philip founded Milestone Legal in 2015. Before starting Milestone Legal he was a founding member and partner of mod4 LLP, an associate with Farella, Braun + Martel and an associate in the San Francisco office of Bingham McCutchen (now Morgan Lewis). You can see more of Philip's CV at LinkedIn.
Philip was born in Wisconsin, and attended the University of Wisconsin - Madison. He lived for a time in Copenhagen, where he learned Danish. He spent some years in New York City, then moved to California in 2003 to attend the University of California - Berkeley, School of Law. He now calls the San Francisco Bay Area home.
- University of California - Berkeley, School of Law, 2006 - Juris Doctor;
- University of Wisconsin - Madison, 1999 - BA in Philosophy.
ADMISSIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- California & New York;
- U.S. District Courts for the
- New York State Bar Association;
- New York City Bar Association.